The employment service is in the concurrent list of the Constitution of India. The policies, standards and procedures are entrusted to the government to control day to day functioning of the Employment Exchange. The Employment Exchanges (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Act. 1959 was passed in 1959 and came to force w.e.f. 1 may, 1960. The duties and functions of officers at different levels are instructions on Registrations of local people of the State and timely submissions of different returns guidelines on vocational guidance, recruitments of vacancies, reservation of vacancies for SC,ST,OBC,MOBC & P/H, collection occupation and employees data both Public and Private Sector Establishments and local bodies. The Employment Exchange in Assam works under Skill, Employment and Entrepreneurship Department. The Employment Exchange, Sonari was established in 1984 and is headed by Assistant Employment Officer. The applicants can apply for registration to the Employment Exchange from 10:00 a.m to 2:00 p.m on all working days except on Govt. Holidays. There is no registration fee. Employment Service is free of cost. If all the documents are in order, registration process is completed on the same
EMPLOYMENT EXCHANGE: WORK/SERVICES
1. Registration of job seekers up to Graduate level, Diploma Holders, ITI Pass, school dropouts.
2. Renewal of Employment Exchange card within 3 months of renewal date which is valid for 3 years.
3. Employment Market Information (EMI) collection of ER-1 &ER-II Return
4. Notification of vacancies: as per "Employment Exchanges (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Act 1959" All Public and Act Establishment in Private Sector( having employees 25 nos. or more) are bound to notify their vacancies to the nearest Employment Exchanges before filling it up.
BENEFITS OF BEING REGISTERED IN THE EMPLOYMENT EXCHANGE ARE:
1. The candidate becomes a part of the live data of registration in the Employment Exchanges
2. The candidate is sponsored against notified vacancies as per his qualification, age, category, etc.
3. Being a registered applicant, the candidate is eligible for sponsorship for trainings coaching under different Govt. Schemes.
PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION
I. Please make sure you have all the necessary documents that are listed under the "Required Documents" section
2. Verification of Documents is done by designated public servants i.e. ADE/EO/AEO in concerned Employment Exchanges.
3. Candidates have to fill up registration form that is obtained from the Employment Exchange.
4. After entry into registration book candidates would be provided with I-Card by concerned head of the Employment Exchange.
1. Proof of residence.
2. Age proof certificate.
3. Educational Qualification Certificate
4. Additional Qualification Certificate( if any)
5. Experience Certificate (if any)
6. Caste Certificate
7. 3 copies of self attested passport sized photograph